Avanteq is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, contractors, clients and suppliers.
Avanteq is a “data controller”, this means that we, as an employment business, are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about individuals. We will ensure that the personal information submitted to us via our website or through our office is used only for the purposes set out in this notice.
How this personal information will be used:
- To fulfil contractual and legal obligations with our clients, contractors, candidates and regulatory authorities (e.g. Governmental / legal).
- To maintain our business relationships.
The information we collect and how we use it
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about our candidates:
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process made directly to Avanteq or via the Avanteq website).
- Any information provided to us verbally.
- Avanteq may also request some sensitive personal information such as details of any unspent criminal convictions where this is specifically required by a client in order to facilitate a successful placement.
Information that candidates provide to Avanteq will be used in order to:
- Enable us to submit candidate CVs in response to client requirements. This will only be done with the candidate’s prior written or verbal consent on each occasion;
- Enable candidates to apply for specific opportunities and to receive Vacancy Alerts. (Please refer to the “Curriculum Vitae” and “Vacancy Alerts” sections below);
- Assist us in identifying suitable opportunities for candidates in line with their skills and experience;
- Respond to client enquiries and to facilitate the successful placement of candidates. This will only be done with a candidate’s prior, written or verbal consent on each occasion; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements with our clients and regulatory authorities.
- Avanteq are required to collect and use personal information about individuals within our client organisations (ie. name, job title and contact details), in the course of fulfilling client requirements and delivering the contracted services.
- Avanteq are required to hold supplier information to ensure that things run smoothly. We require the contact details of relevant individuals within our supplier organisations in order to communicate with them. We may also require other information such as bank details to allow us to pay for the services our suppliers provide to Avanteq, in line with contractual agreements in place.
Data Sharing – recipients of your information
- We will only share your personal information with our clients and their agents following your explicit consent. Clients are third parties who use us to source potential candidates for roles that they advertise. All of our clients are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our clients to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Data Retention – How long will you use my information for?
- Avanteq will retain your personal information in line with our Data Retention Schedule. After the defined retention period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Avanteq will typically process personal information for the following purposes:
1. Performance of Contract
For the performance of a contract with an individual or to take steps to enter into a contract.
Data which is currently gathered, stored and processed for contractors or employees who are currently or have previously been represented or employed by Avanteq.
2. Legitimate Interest
Data which is currently gathered, stored and processed to enable Avanteq to bring information of suitable opportunities to the attention of candidates. Legitimate Interest is assessed using the following criteria:
- What is the legitimate interest that you have to process the data?
- Can you show that processing the data is necessary in order to achieve what you need to do?
- Could processing the data affect the rights or freedoms of the individual?
Consent will be requested from individuals when registering their details and on each occasion prior to data being shared. Proof of this consent will be saved on Avanteq’s database.
4. Legal Obligation
For compliance with a legal obligation.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
CVs may be submitted to Avanteq via our website or by sending your CV directly to one of our recruitment consultants. CVs will be stored in Avanteq’s database and will be accessible only by authorised Avanteq personnel.
Candidates may update their CVs at any time. Again, this may be done via the Avanteq website or by forwarding updated CVs to one of our recruitment consultants. Following receipt of an updated CV any existing CV will be deleted.
All candidates registered with Avanteq will receive Vacancy Alerts to advise them of new opportunities relevant to their skills and discipline. Candidates may unsubscribe from receiving Vacancy Alerts at any time by clicking here.
Individuals have the right to the following:
- To request access to their data held by Avanteq;
- To withdraw consent to the use and processing of their data by Avanteq at any time;
- To request the correction of inaccuracies contained within their data held by Avanteq;
- To the erasure (deletion) of their data held by Avanteq where there is no good reason for us Avanteq to continuing to process it;
- To request the restriction of processing of information that Avanteq maintains about them, subject to Avanteq’s obligations to maintain their information under applicable laws.
Avanteq has processes to allow individuals to move, copy or transfer their personal data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
Avanteq may limit or deny requests for access or charge reasonable fees for access, except as prohibited by applicable law.
Please be aware that as such information is necessary to the performance of the services that Avanteq provide, any request by an individual to withdraw consent for processing, object to processing or request erasure of information may result in Avanteq being unable to continue providing its services to that individual.
Please contact Avanteq on firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request any of the above.
Avanteq is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
How to Contact Avanteq
If you require information on how to exercise your rights once you have contacted Avanteq or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Arnhall Business Park
Aberdeenshire AB32 6FE
FAO: Amanda Caldwell – Operations Manager
01224 766966 / email@example.com
We hope that our Operations Manager can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, please contact the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk or telephone: +44 303 123 1113 for further information.
Avanteq reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. Any changes to our Privacy Notice will be made on this page. Please check this page regularly for updates.